Modern Restorative Dentistry - How to create a dental identity
What can you learn in this tutorial?
- How to recognize and develop a creative freedom with the patient
- How to utilize the type analysis and energy assessment to find the patients‘ dental identity
- Managing and developing a patients‘ individual type in the dental team
- How to design a strong type for the aesthetic restoration instead of an uninteresting one
The aim of my tutorial is to motivate every single active listener to take himself as an individual example, and to see the advantages of a type analysis in the field of restorative dentistry. Discover the advantages of a method that grants creative freedom to the dental practitioner and patient to create a smile that guarantees long-term satisfaction. Unlike a „template-smile“, this approach focuses on creating a unique „dental identity“ that matches the type of the person receiving the treatment and preserves their character.
We all have a personal need for structure. However, this personal need for structure is negatively related to our creative performance. If the patient is only thinking logically about their appearance, a more symmetrical result would seem perfect to them.
Our recommendation: Pleasure must developed while we study the patient. With this intention, we want to achieve creative freedom by getting the patient energy away from the head towards the gut.
In conclusion, most people shy away from the emotional regions heart, gut, and groin. However, when we ignore asymmetry, creativity or character as described in this tutorial, the patient could end up seeing their dental restoration as a foreign body part because it doesn’t match who they really are as a person. By using the type analysis and focusing on the individual dental identity, dental practitioners can create a smile, that fits naturally to the patient.
No risk, no creativity!
- If you are not allowed to be wrong with your mock-up, you will not create anything original. For this reason, we try several mock-up’s to find out about our patient’s dental identity.
Patients and people in general have noticed that by eliminating the imperfections to a maximum, they lose vitality, charisma, individuality and charm.
Thank you for watching this tutorial on the type and energy analysis for treatments in the field of restorative dentistry! We hope to welcome you to the accompanying dentist course with renown specialist for prosthetics Prof. Dr. Daniel Edelhoff very soon.